Applications are invited for recruitment in the following positions at Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology (IASST) Garchuk, Guwahati (Assam). Eligible and interested candidates may submit applications online in prescribed format for consideration on or before 30th September, 2017.
1. Name of the post: Associate Professor-II (Scientist E/Equivalent) in Biodiversity and Eco-system research programme/Wetland Ecology (One position, Regular)
Pay: PBRs. 37,400- Rs. 67,000/- GP Rs. 8,700/- pm
Qualification and Experience:
Essential: Ph. D. in the area of Environmental sciences/Wetland Ecology/Restoration Ecology/Aquaculture/Fishery Sciences with at least 8 years of postdoctoral research experience in reputed institutions or in reputed government or private organizations after Ph. D. in the relevant area with proven record of guiding and supervising research students in the area of specialization.
Desirable: IASST’s biodiversity and ecosystem research programme has a strong component of research and development on faunal diversity including zooplankton, indigenous fishes of wetland ecosystem and productivity enhancement of these ecosystems. It is desirable that the scientist to be engaged in this research possesses (1) very good academic record including first class in M.Sc. with proven record of publication in high impact factor journals, (2) possess good knowledge of conventional and molecular taxonomy and ecology, (3) capability of strengthening this programme through building a strong interdisciplinary team and the interdisciplinary team members may be across the scientists of other research programmes with expertise in molecular biology, system biology and microbial biotechnology.
Age: Age limit 50 years on the last date of submission of application. Age bar relaxable as per Government Rules.
2. Name of the post: Associate Professor-II (Scientist E/Equivalent) in Sericulture/Seri-biotechnology (One position, Regular)
Pay: PBRs. 37,400- Rs. 67,000/- GP Rs. 8,700/- pm
Qualification and Experience:
Essential:Ph. D. in Sericulture/Seri-biotechnology/Entomology/Insect Ecology/Zoology with specialization in sericulture, consistently good academic record and at least 8 years of postdoctoral research experience in reputed institutions or in reputed government or private organizations after Ph. D. in the relevant area. Proven record of high quality independent research and guiding and supervising research students in the area of specialization.
Desirable: Sericulture/Seri-biotechnology is an important component of IASST’s biodiversity and ecosystem research programme with major focus on productivity enhancement of muga and eri silk through disease free seed development, indoor rearing technique development for muga worm, characterization of muga silk produced on different host and diversity of wild muga worm. It is desirable that the candidate possesses (1) very good academic record including first class in M.Sc. with proven record of publication in high impact factor journals, (2) good knowledge on molecular biology and molecular taxonomy, pre and postharvest technology (silk worm rearing, silk processing and characterization, silk worm host plant biology, (3) capable of building and guiding a team of researchers for this research in IASST through interdisciplinary approach, (4) ability for establishing linkage with researchers of other programmes with specialization on genomics, proteomics and also with eminent scientists, technology developers in this field and (5) required skill to participate in societal programme in sericulture.
Age: Age limit is 50 years on the last date of submission of application. Age bar relaxable as per Government Rules.
3. Name of the post: Assistant Professor-II (Scientist C/Equivalent) in Molecular Biology (One position, Contractual, likely to be regular depending upon performance)
Pay: Fixed emolument of Rs. 71,000/-pm
Qualification and Experience:
Essential: Ph.D in any branch of Life Science from well recognized/reputed university/Institution with proficiency in advanced molecular biology techniques and four years of post-doctoral experience in relevant field and publications in reputed journals of impact on science.
Desirable: A group of researchers in IASST are carrying out research on plant-microbe interaction, gut micribiome and its health implication, understanding protein composition of Muga silk which involves deeper knowledge of proteomics, metabolomics, transcriptomics and genomics. It is desirable that the candidate possesses (1) very good academic record including first class in M.Sc, (2) capability of leading and guiding a team of researchers in the area of this post through interdisciplinary approach, (3) ability to teach molecular biology to biology research scholars, (4) ability of planning, designing, conducting and guiding independent laboratory and field base research projects.
Age: Age limit 40 years on the last date of submission of application in IASST. Relaxable for SC/ST/Women candidates as per Govt. Rule.
4. Name of the post: Assistant Professor-II (Scientist C/Equivalent) in System Biology (One position, Contractual, likely to be regular depending upon performance)
Pay: Fixed emolument of Rs. 71,000/- pm.
Qualification requirements and Experience:
Essential: B Tech/M Tech in Biotechnology and Ph.D in System Biology. Candidate should have at least four years of post-doctoral experience which may be relaxable for exceptionally meritorious candidate.
Desirable: Candidate should know how to handle large scale data computationally; knowledge on graph theory and network analysis; pattern recognition and other statistical tools.
Age: Age limit 40 years on the last date of submission of application in IASST. Age bar relaxable as per Government Rules.
INSTRUCTION TO BE FOLLOWED WHILE SUBMITTING APPLICATION:
Eligible candidates may visit IASST website (www.iasst.gov.in) and submit their applications online (Link: www.iasst.res.in) and also submit curriculum vitae (CV) through institute’s email (ID: [email protected]) on or before 30th September, 2017.
The candidates may note that the Selection Process and Procedure of Interview for various positions of Scientists/Faculty in IASST as given below:
Only the short listed candidates will be called for interview. TA/DA will be provided within India to the shortlisted candidate for appearing in the interview by shortest railway route by II-tier AC.
The contact details of the institute are as follows:
Address: The Registrar,
Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology (IASST),
Paschim Boragaon, Garchuk, Guwahati – 781035, Assam.
Online application link: www. iasst.res.in
Email ID: [email protected]
Selection Process and Procedure of Interview for various positions of Scientists in IASST
Stage I: Submission of Application and Note by the candidate.
- Application may be submitted online in specified format of the institute.
- CV of the candidate may also be submitted by email to Institute mail ID: [email protected]
- If employed, the candidate has to upload/submit proper and valid ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer before the date of interview.
- Scan copies of all self-attested testimonials pertaining to degree/diploma, age, reservation category authentication certificates, proof of research and academic experience and other documents may be uploaded/submitted along with the application on or before the last date of submission.
- The application besides other documents mentioned above must accompany the followings:
- A summary note (maximum 1000 words) on the research work published by the candidate in the relevant fields after completion of Ph.D. The candidate should highlight the major works done, output and achievements from these works for the said period in terms of completed projects, paper published, IPR/Patents obtained, technology generated/commercialized, contribution made towards physical and infrastructure development, programme/project framing and fund mobilization, participation in research and teaching activities and linkages etc.
- A research programme and work plan on the area (in not more than two pages) the candidate will like to pursue being in the position. The candidate is advised to go through the website of IASST for information on the research programmes of the Institute. The information may include new, innovative and original research project/ideas/thrust areas of work he/she proposes to introduce/conduct, facilities proposed to be developed, linkages and collaboration proposed with other research units and departments as well as the expected outcome from these approaches. The plan should be innovative and comprise of new ideas and feasible within the available resources and strength of the institute with realistic targets achievable within a period of five years or so. While formulating the plan, the past and present achievements, development and outcome of the institute may be reviewed and critical gap identified. The institute’s website (www.iasst.gov.in), annual reports etc. may be consulted for developing the plan. The candidate is free to visit the institute (IASST) for a day or two for the purpose on his own expense with prior information and permission of the Director, if so desired.
- In case online access is not available due to some unforeseen reason, the candidates may submit hard copy of their application and other documents to the Registrar at the address given above.
Stage II: Interview
- Short listed candidates will be called for interview in due course of time to be held in the institute.
- TA/DA will be provided to the short listed candidates within India by shortest railway route in two tier-AC for attending the interview. Arrangement for guest house/hostel accommodation for a day or so can be made subject to availability of rooms during that period on payment of rent as per norms of the institute. The other terms and conditions will be applicable as per Institute rules.
- During the interview the candidate has to deliver a presentation of not more than 10-15 minutes on future plans described in the note submitted by the candidate with his/her application, if the selection committee so desire. Arrangements for PPT presentation will be available.
Stage III: Joining report
- The selected candidate will be informed giving a specified period of time for his/her joining the post in the institute. He/she has to inform his/her acceptance or otherwise immediately for taking necessary action from the institute.
- The candidate has to submit Medical certificate, vigilance clearance certificate indicating the details of imposition of major/minor penalties, if any, during the past service life or at least for last ten years whatever the case may be before joining, if selected.